Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
Date night in my own family room is probably some of my favorite nights. We cook together, pop open a bottle of wine and watch a movie. Doesn't get any better than that. This Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta has turned one of our favorite appetizers into one of our favorite meals. While I know some might be appalled the sauce is made with mayonnaise, I say it is all about moderation and is one of our indulgent meals to have now and then!
1lb spaghetti - I use Barilla veggie spaghetti; while the calories and carbs are similar, it increases vitamins and minerals tremendously, making it a more nutrient dense choice
1lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
3 gloves garlic, minced
3 tsp paprika
Black pepper to taste
For the sauce:
1/2 C lite mayonnaise
1/2 C Thai sweet chili sauce
2 gloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 Tbsp onion powder
1. In a large bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. Cook pasta and drain.
3. Place uncooked shrimp in separate bowl, add the garlic, paprika and pepper. Mix until shrimp is well coated.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the shrimp.
5. Stir constantly until no longer pink, about 5-10 minutes.
6. Toss cooked shrimp into pasta with sauce and stir mixture well.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from My Incredible Recipes